27 Jun 2013

Sharing food for thought

So a few days ago I came across this article which stated that Facebook was broken. A few friends and me started discussing this and were wondering what we could do about it. Google+, Twitter, and LinkedIn were discussed as possible alternatives. The worst of them was a email chain to groups of people. (I feel we deal with email overload on most days). At the end I realized that most were "push systems". I am trying to push my content out to people who are friends with me, followed me, have me in their contacts etc.

So my attempt at a solution is to use blogger as a pull system. I will post articles that I like (possibly with a little commentary) on my blog. People can then read them here at their leisure. It won't get lost in a stream of newer updates. People can comment on it and start a discussion without it disturbing their day. It probably won't get a lot of traction, but hey, I have a ready list of good reading material for a rainy day.

What say?

P.S. Incidentally this is my 100th post. Yay!! Looks like the next 100 will come a lot faster :) 

No comments: